The Lake County Library System is proud to announce the first annual Photography Contest for K-12 students and adults. This year’s theme will be ¡Viva Libros! to support the 10th annual Lake County BookFest.
Awards will be announced during the Authors' Reception on Friday, March 15th at the W.T. Bland Public Library. The reception begins at 6:30 p.m. The winning photographs will be displayed in a separate event at the Lady Lake Public Library and also available for viewing on the Lake County Library System website.
All students (K-12) and adults in Central Florida are encouraged to enter as many times as they wish. Original photo entries are now being accepted at any Lake County Library System library and online. Prizes will include gift cards for the first through third place winners.
- Photographs should capture Florida’s natural beauty and/or history as chronicled in books.
- Judging will be divided into two age categories: Youth (15 & under) and Adult (16 yrs & older).
- Submitted photographs must be 8x10 in size once printed on high quality photo paper.
- Photos may be submitted electronically (see below) or in hard copy (8x10 on high quality photo paper).
- Black and white and color photographs accepted.
- Entries must be received by February 22, 2013 at 5 p.m.
Electronic file requirements:
- Files must be in JPG format
- Minimum size is 2400 pixels x 3000 pixels and 300 dpi.
- Maximum size is 3200 pixels x 4000 pixels and 10 MB.
- Scanned photos will not be considered as photo quality is severely degraded when scanned.
- Electronic files must meet the minimum requirements in order to be considered.
You may use the online entry form to submit your entries at www.mylakelibrary.org or email a completed entry form and image file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information call Thom Mazak at 352-753-2957.