The Lake County Library System is proud to announce the first annual Photography Contest for K-12 students and adults. This year’s theme will be ¡Viva Libros! to support the 10th annual Lake County BookFest. Awards will be announced at the 6:30 p.m. on Friday, March 15th Author’s Reception at the W.T. Bland Public Library. The winning photographs will be displayed in a separate event at the Lady Lake Public Library and also available for viewing on the Lake County Library System website.
All students (K-12) and adults in Central Florida are encouraged to enter as many times as they wish. Original photo entries are now being accepted at www.mylakelibrary.org/photo_contest. The photographs should capture Florida’s natural beauty and/or history as chronicled in books. Prizes will include gift cards for the first through third place winners.
- Judging will be divided into two age categories: Youth (15 & under) and Adult (16 yrs & older).
- Submitted photographs must be 8x10 in size once printed on high quality photo paper.
- Photos may be submitted electronically (see below) or in hard copy (8x10 on high quality photo paper).
- Black and white and color photographs accepted.
Electronic file requirements:
- Files must be in JPG format
- Minimum size is 2400 pixels x 3000 pixels (300 dpi). Maximum size is 3200 pixels x 4000 pixels.
- Use the online entry form to submit your entries or email a completed entry form and image file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scanned photos will not be considered as photo quality is severely degraded when scanned.
- Electronic files must meet the minimum requirements in order to be considered.
Additional information, rules and guidelines will be posted on the website www.mylakelibrary.org/photo_contest