Think outside the recycle bin! Walk the runway for a chance to win! Design an outfit based on the creative use of "trash" -- found, salvaged, and repurposed materials.The official entry form for the 4th Annual Trash to Fashion Contest can be found here. Entry forms MUST be received by Monday, October 7, by 5:00 p.m.
RULES OF ENTRY
This contest is open to Lake County residents ages 8-19. Categories include 1st through 3rd place winners for tweens (ages 8-12) and 1st through 3rd place winners for teens (ages 13-19). Winners of the contest will receive cash prizes from our sponsor Insight Financial Credit Union. Cash awards will be $100 to first place winners, $50 to second place winners and $25 to third place winners
- At least 60 percent of your creation must be made from recycled goods.
- Vintage or used clothing will only be accepted if it has been significantly repurposed and redesigned into something new.
- Designs must be original and cannot infringe on any copyright.
- Your outfit could be made from anything that might ordinarily end its useful life in a landfill or incinerator. Please make sure that materials used are safe to yourself and the public.
- All designers will be responsible for supplying a model for the fashion show, be it themselves, or another model.
- Applicants should keep in mind the fashion show will be held inside a library and children will be present. Fashions that are offensive or too revealing will not be allowed on the runway
- Entries will be judged for 1) originality 2) creative use of recycled/repurposed materials and 3) craftsmanship.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance on or before October 11th by telephone or email. At that time contestants will receive further information about logistics of the fashion show and detailed out-fit descriptions will be required.
- Judging will take place and awards presented at the 4th Annual Trash to Fashion Show on Saturday, October 19, in the meeting room at Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla.
- Winning designs will be photographed and posted on the Lake County Library System website at www.mylakelibrary.org and may appear in local newspapers.
Absolutely no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 7, drop your form at one of Lake County Library System’s 15 public libraries or mail it to: Linda Goff, Youth Services Coordinator, 2401 Woodlea Road, Tavares FL 32778 Questions? 352-253-6169