The W. T. Bland Friends of the Library Used Book Sale will be a week earlier this year:
• Special Preview sale for members of the Friends of the Library, Thursday, January 23 – 5:00pm – 7:00pm. Not a member – you may join at the door
• Friday, January 24 – 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Saturday, January 25 – 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• No Sunday hours
• Location – W. T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora, FL Phone: 352-735-7180 option 5
• In the past the Friends Used Book Sale was on the same weekend as the Mount Dora Arts Festival which is Saturday, Feb 1 and Sunday, Feb 2 this year
Meet Ben Franklin through a living history program –“ Ben Franklin: Bigger than His Legend “with Dr. Rich Davis on Wednesday, January 29 at 4:00 p.m. in the Library’s Community Room. Learn about his life, accomplishments, loves, and how he became one of the greatest Americans who ever lived. FREE – ALL AGES WELCOME.
Rick Smith Jr will be visiting Mount Dora with his multi-media program – “Patrick Smith’s Florida is A Land Remembered” on Thursday, February 6 at 3:00 p.m. in the Mount Dora Community Building, 520 Baker Street, next door to City Hall. The program is free and is suited for all ages.
The AARP Tax Aide program will start at our library on Monday, February 3 and end on Tuesday, April 14 and is open to ages and incomes. Days and times are as follows:
• Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Tuesday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Appointments will be made starting Monday, February 3 by calling (352)735-5936
• You may also stop by and make an appointment on the days the Tax Aide program is open.
• This service is FREE
Our annual Piatigorsky Foundation Concert will be Saturday, February 8 at 11:00 a.m. in the Library’s Community Room. This year the artist will be Janis Potter, solo marimba artist. After the concert there will be a reception where you can talk personally with the musician. Many Thanks to the Mount Dora Library Association for underwriting the cost of this program.
When it comes to the law, we all need to know how to ask the right questions. Our Law 101 programs feature local attorney Shannon Allen on:
• Friday, February 14 at 10:30 a.m. – Living Wills
• Friday, Mar14 at 10:30 a.m. – Planning for Your Pet After You’re Gone