We have a variety of programs for adults scheduled this winter. All are welcome to attend. Please call the library at 352-360-6561 to register your attendance where indicated.
- 1/17 - Introduction to Citizenship: Myla Thompson, Literacy Tutor will facilitate this workshop at 10 a.m. Registration Required.
- 1/22 - Visit from an Artist Harry Gray from At First Glance Studio will paint an original water color painting at the library and will discuss his work from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 1/26 - Preventing Identity Theft presented by Charles Tiffany, JD will discuss strategies for individuals to use to prevent identity theft at 2 p.m. Registration required.
- 2/5 - Reducing Clutter in Your Home presented by Julie England, Family Services Specialist from Lake County Extension will conduct this workshop at 2 p.m. Registration Required.
- 2/5 to 4/9 - AARP Tax Aides at Fruitland Park Library every Thursday from 9 a.m.to 3:30 p.m.
- 2/6 - Winter Savings. A representative from the Sumter Electric Cooperative Inc. (SECO) will discuss ways to save on electric bills and give a brief update of current SECO services at 10:00 a.m. Registration Required.
- 2/17 - Food of Our Forefathers: What types of food did Martha Washington serve to George? Mrs. Mary Ryder, better known as the Practical Potwatcher columnist for the Daily Commerical newspaper will discuss these and other colonial facts at 10 a.m. Registration Required
- 3/9 - Money Management for College Freshmen presented by Julie England, Family Services Specialist from Lake County Extension will educate college students and their parents regarding all phases of money management for the students as they leave home for the first time. Workshop will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Registration Required.
- 3/17 - Closing Your Seasonal Home Deborah Boulware, Family Services Specialist reprises her popular workshop for the snowbirds at 2 p.m. Registration Required.
- 3/26 - Author Mary Anna Evans will discuss her current works at 2 p.m. This program is part of the "Fantastic Florida" Festival of Reading. Registration Required.