From March 17th through the 20th everyone in our community will experience Adventures in Paradise. Writing workshops and author events will be featured and Friday evening we will host a gala reception for all of our authors at the awesome Leesburg Public Library.
The Festival of Reading ‘s mission is to present the highest quality literary and cultural events and activities to encourage the love of reading; to promote the programs and services of the libraries; and to connect readers and writers in a way that enriches both by providing informative and entertaining programs to the community.
This year we are taking a new direction. We will strive to increase attendance and community participation and to enhance the experience for participating authors. To achieve success with the new direction, we will reduce the number of events and locate these programs in a regional site. Libraries will have active partnerships for promoting and producing the events in their area.
• Saturday, March 13th East Lake Library Bluegrass Festival
• Wednesday, March 17th Local Authors’ Roundtable, @ Cooper Library
• Thursday, March 18th Florida Rocks! @ Paisley County Library
• Thursday, March 18 Movie Adventure @ Fruitland Park Library with J. Lamb
• Friday, March 19th Writing workshops and author panels @ W.T. Bland Library
• Friday, March 19th Gala Author Reception – Leesburg Public Library
• Saturday, March 20th Writing workshops and author panels – Leesburg Public Library
Specific information on the workshops for upcoming writers and the author appearances will be available in January. A list of participating authors can be found on the Lake County Library System website at www.mylakelibrary.org or by calling 352-253-6167.