Did you know that Lake County Libraries are on Facebook and Twitter? Follow us to discover cool things going on at our libraries, awesome books, interesting information, contests, and much more! Here are a few things you could have learned if you were one of our followers:
• The word “abibliophobia” means the fear of running out of reading material.
• The Walt Disney Company said, “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.”
• You can download awesome eBooks and audio books from anywhere with an internet connection, e-Reading device, and your library card FOR FREE.
• Brilliant mystery writer Agatha Christie is just as interesting as the characters she created. For example, she mysteriously disappeared for 11 days in 1926.
• East Lake Library held a contest to win Tampa Bay Comic Con tickets and you could enter by sharing the Facebook post.
• F. Scott Fitzgerald was related to and named after Francis Scott Key, who wrote the poem that became our national anthem.
• You can find photos of cool displays, craft projects, and programs from our libraries.
• Books used to be shelved backwards (spine to the wall) because they were such an expensive luxury item that the owners would chain them up. (Like they did in the restricted section at the Hogwarts library. Though at Hogwarts, they were more concerned about the dangerous nature of the restricted books, not the cost.)
• And much, much more!
You can find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LakeCountyFLLibrary and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/lakelibrary.