Books By Mail
Books by Mail is a free service for library patrons with a disability that prevents them from being able to travel to a library. Some restrictions apply.
How to Apply for Books by Mail Service
The application for Books by Mail service can be found below or requested by calling 352-536-2275. Please fill out the application, have it signed by a physician, nurse or social worker, and return to:
Books by Mail
2525 Oakley Seaver Dr.
Clermont, FL 34711
You may also fax to 352-536-2260 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com
Homebound Service Application
Books by Mail Brochure
Books by Mail items will be sent in nylon mailing bags. The materials must be returned in that nylon mailing bag as it was received. Books by Mail material posted by the due date will not incur overdue fines. Failure to return the nylon bag will result in an assessed charge to cover the replacement cost.
The Books by Mail service can be used for any book or audio book available for three week checkout. At this time we cannot send video tapes, games, DVDs or CDs.
The Books by Mail service is not available to reciprocal borrowers in Marion, Polk, Seminole and Volusia Counties due to the terms of the reciprocal borrowing agreements. Reciprocal Borrowers from Osceola County may use the Books by Mail Service.
You can request Books by Mail in one of the following ways:
- Place a request on a book from any library. Then choose Books by Mail as your pick-up location.
- Call one of the libraries listed on the Lake County Libraries page.
- Call Books by Mail: (352) 536-2275.
- Patrons may place a request on an item from the Library Catalog via the Internet.
- Go to our website, www.mylakelibrary.org
- Click on the Library Catalog tab at the top of the page.
- Follow prompts to select a book.
- Place a request on the book
- Choose Books by Mail as your pick-up location.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I reserve titles that are not available right now?
If a title you request is part of the circulating collection but is currently not available, we will
reserve it for you and send it to you in a future delivery.
Who is eligible for the Books by Mail program?
Patrons who have a medically documented disability that prevents them from coming into the
Library to use its facilities and resources are eligible.
You are eligible if you:
- Hold a valid library card in Lake or Osceola county
- Are unable to travel to the library due to a disability
- Have a temporary disability which restricts your ability to access the library
- Turn in a completed application signed by a physician, nurse or social worker
What if I am no longer eligible for the Books by Mail program?
If you have been receiving Books by Mail and are no longer eligible, please contact your library
to change your pick up location.
Astor County Library
54905 Alco Road
Astor, FL 32102
Cagan Crossings Community Library
16729 Cagan Oaks
Clermont, FL 34714
Cooper Memorial Library
2525 Oakley Seaver Drive
Clermont, FL 34711
East Lake County Library
31340 S. County Road 437
Sorrento, FL 32776
Fruitland Park Library
205 W. Berckman St.
Fruitland Park, FL 34731
Helen Lehmann Memorial Library
17435 Fifth St.
Montverde, FL 34756
Lady Lake Public Library
225 W. Guava St.
Lady Lake, FL 32159
Leesburg Public Library
100 E. Main St.
Leesburg, FL 34748
Marianne Beck Memorial Library
112 W. Central Ave.
Howey-in-the-Hills, FL 34737
Marion Baysinger Memorial Library
756 W. Broad St.
Groveland, FL 34736
Minneola Schoolhouse Library
100 S. Main Ave.
Minneola, FL 34715
Paisley County Library
24954 County Road 42
Paisley, FL 32767
Tavares Public Library
314 N. New Hampshire Ave.
Tavares, FL 32778
Umatilla Public Library
412 Hatfield Drive
Umatilla, FL 32784
W.T. Bland Public Library
1995 N. Donnelly St.
Mount Dora, FL 32757