Please Be Mine (Romance)
Sweep us off our feet in 100 words or less. Please specify for which age bracket your submission is eligible:
18 & Over
Entries on other themes shall be disqualified.
Submission deadline: Saturday, January 20, 2018 (see Nanofiction Contest Rules and Guidelines below for details)
Nanofiction contest entries will be judged by Writers One Flight Up.
Prizes: $50 First Place, $30 Second Place, $20 Third Place and Honorable Mention(s)
Finalists will be invited to read their entries on Sunday, February 11, 2018, at 2:00 PM at W.T. Bland Public Library. The Award Ceremony will immediately follow the readings.
Event sponsor: Mount Dora Library Association
Nanofiction Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Must be original, unpublished works only.
- Must contain 100 words or fewer.
- Must have a separate cover sheet which includes the author’s name, age, mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Name and identifying information must be not included on entry; only include it on the cover sheet.
- Nanofiction Contest theme used must be stated on the cover sheet.
- No identifying information (name and address) are to be stated anywhere but on the cover sheet.
- Must be electronic submissions only.
- Must be in a Word document, typed in 12 point Times New Roman and double spaced.
- Must have no illustrations or photos.
One submission per entrant per theme shall be accepted.
All entries must adhere to the Romance Nanofiction Contest themes. Entries on other themes shall be disqualified.
Entries shall not be more than 100 words.
Submission deadline: Saturday, January 20, 2018
Failure to follow the contest guidelines will result in your work not being considered. Please read and re-read the directions carefully.
Submissions shall be emailed to email@example.com
Winners of the 2017 contest are:
1st Place: Sally May
2nd Place: Andrea Adams
3rd Place: John Markham
Honorable Mention: Rachel Williams
It Happened in Mount Dora ...
1st Place: Elise Van Cise
2nd Place: Ann Stewart
3rd Place: Joyce Axelson
Honorable Mention: Carol Daub